Healthy Drinking WaterOctober 26, 2015
4 Properties To Get Healthy Water
Healthy drinking water has four properties that set it apart from regular tap water and most bottled waters. To be considered healthy drinking water it must be:
Cleaned of Harmful Contaminants
Replenished with Natural Minerals
Water filter systems remove these minerals from the water; therefore, re-mineralization is required to ensure the naturally occurring minerals are present. Drinking de-mineralized water can actually leach minerals from bones and teeth.
Alkaline pH Balanced–
Ensures optimal health, water filter systems and contaminants typically leave the water acidic.
Great Natural Spring Water Taste
Great tasting water is fundamental to ensure proper hydration – when water does not taste good alternative beverages are typically selected.
Remove Toxic & Harmful Contaminants
Ensure that water is clean. The 1st step for healthy water is to ensure the water is clean which involves removing the toxic and harmful contaminants that are present in the water. Multi-stage filtering is required to ensure all the possible contaminants are removed.
- Sediment filtering – Removes silt, dirt, sediment
- Carbon Filtering – Removes chlorine and chemicals
- Membrane Filtering – Removes small contaminants – bacteria, pharmaceuticals, metals
Clean water is absolutely essential for all proper body functions, including skin and organ integrity, immune system balance, cellular respiration and repair, waste elimination, and longevity.
The primary purpose of clean water within the body is to transport nutrients to the cells and then transport waste byproducts to the eliminatory system. It is absolutely essential in maintaining the critical balance needed to support life. Yet this system, with its multiplicity of interrelated dependencies, can be grossly affected by minute traces of chemical toxins like chlorine.
Replenish The Natural Minerals In The Water
The 2nd step for healthy water is to replenish the natural minerals in the water.
- Water naturally has beneficial minerals including: calcium, magnesium, sodium & potassium
- The levels of natural minerals are reduced in water due to the the piping and distribution process, from exposure to contamination, and from the water being taken away from natural mineral sources in rivers and streams.
- The key to creating “Healthy water” is by removing the contaminants while retaining the beneficial minerals
- Higher amounts of minerals in drinking water lowers heart disease and cancer mortality rates
- According to Dr. John Sorenson, a leading authority on mineral metabolism, “Minerals in drinking water are more easily and better absorbed than minerals from food.”
- Drinking water with higher amounts of minerals results in lower heart disease and cancer mortality rates.
- The drinking water in the 100 largest cities in the US were found to have 10% to 25% reduction in the amount of cancer deaths if the drinking water had a moderately high level of minerals, and if the water had an alkaline pH
Alkaline PH Balanced
The 3rd step for healthy water is to ensure the pH is balanced to a healthy alkaline level.
- Healthy alkaline pH level for drinking water is between 7.5 and 9.5.
- Alkaline water helps to neutralize stored acids and helps eliminate toxins
- Mineral, alkaline water can help the body maintain an ideal pH which some believe helps resist disease and slow the aging process
Symptoms of a pH imbalance:
- low energy – fatigue
- excess weight
- poor digestion
- aches and pains
- other serious disorders
Several research studies have demonstrated the presence of chemical carcinogens in surface, ground water, and municipal treated drinking water. However, often overlooked are the beneficial properties in drinking water that can help protect us from diseases such as cancers – natural minerals and alkaline pH.
Water that contains natural minerals and alkaline pH is associated with lower mortality from heart disease and cancer, and overall health. The drinking water in the 100 largest cities in the US were found to have 10% to 25% reduction in the amount of cancer deaths when the drinking water had a moderately high level of minerals and had an alkaline pH (above 7.0).
Natural Spring Water Taste
The 4th step for healthy water is to ensure the water has a great natural spring water taste.
- The human body consists of 70% water
- The human brain consists of 85% water
- Proper hydration is required for a healthy body
- Proper hydration is more likely with great tasting water of spring water quality
So if you want to have the peace of mind of knowing the water you drink is the best water possible for your health, give us a call at 1-855-586-6667 and we will be pleased to help you select the right healthy water system for your health needs.